You hardly had a sheer luck learning how to make chicken tikka masala recipe, the one that gives a nice taste and it will make you feel good with each bite you eat. If you have never tasted this chicken tikka masala dish then you surely gotta give it a try.
The boneless chicken has been famous for its great taste and people have been like especially chicken tikka masala and butter chicken that is fully rich in taste.
The art of making authentic chicken tikka masala can be easily learnt and I am trying to do this in easiest ways.
Well, the chicken tikka masala is not everyday meal because it uses a lot of spices and herbs that can make it very spicy. So, if you are the one who doesn’t like to eat too much spicy food then cook and eat only when you want to taste something out of the box.
How to make chicken tikka masala recipe
- Course Chicken, Main Course
- Cuisine Asian, British, Indian, North American
- Keyword How to make chicken tikka masala recipe
Chicken recipes are always good at taste and if you want to try out something brand new then learn how to make chicken tikka masala recipe. It is most famous Indian and British cuisine that is now widely liked by people across the globe.
Ingredients for marinade
- 500 gram or 2 lbs of boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt
- 1/2 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder or Paprika powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
For making gravy/sauce
- 2 + 1 butter
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of Kashmiri red chili powder or Paprika powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of garam masala or allspice powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of yoghurt
- 5 tomatoes peeled and pureed
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves or cilantro leaves
Wash the boneless chicken pieces in running water then wash it using kitchen towel until moisture goes away from the chicken pieces. Rub the ginger garlic paste evenly on the pieces.
Take a medium-sized bowl and add yogurt, ground cumin, Kashmiri red chili powder or Paprika powder, black pepper, red chili powder, and salt. Mix it well then coat on the chicken pieces from all sides.
Now take a ziplock bag or foil paper and cover the chicken pieces with marinade then shift this to a refrigerator for marinating for the next 45 minutes or overnight for a better result.
Take a medium-sized skillet and melt butter on high flame. Turn the flame to medium-high and add the marinated chicken pieces and fry them until they turn golden brown in color from all the sides. Reserve the marinade.
Heat same skillet and melt butter on high flame then add the chopped onions and fry them on medium flame until they turn golden brown in color.
Add grated ginger, minced garlic, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder or Paprika powder, turmeric powder, ground pepper, and salt. Mix it nicely while stirring continuously.
Add the reserved marinade. Cover with the lid and cook it on low flame for next 5 to 6 minutes. Open and stir in between 2 to 3 times so the spices don’t get burn.
Add the tomato puree and gently mix it with the other ingredients. Cover it using the lid and cook it for the next 3 to 5 minutes until the oil starts separating from sides.
Uncover the lid and add yogurt and turn the flame to very low. Stirring occasionally cook it or next 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the chicken pieces along with the garam masala or allspice powder. Cover the lid back again and cook it for 1 minute. Add the water as per your desired consistency of gravy/sauce.
Cover and cook it for next 10 to 12 minutes on low flame. Stir occasionally. Once the chicken is cooked garnish it using cilantro leaves or coriander leaves.
Our chicken tikka masala recipe is ready to serve now. Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve it got with your favorite bread or rice recipe.
- If you are planning to make chicken tikka masala recipe then be ready on a day before and marinate the chicken pieces overnight. This will surely increase the taste.
- If you don’t want to use tomato puree then peel the tomatoes then grate it. This way the tomatoes will enhance the taste.
- It is very necessary to fry the marinated chicken pieces before you go cooking this dish. Fried chicken is also called as chicken tikka so it is important that you have chicken tikka ready. It also saves your cooking time.
Chicken cut into cube chunks then marinated with spices and herbs then golden brown in butter bring with a spicy sauce gives a tremendous taste.
This recipe is usually most popular in Punjab region then its wonderful aroma has spread all across the India and Asia. Later, British while going back after ruling Indian they took this chicken tikka masala recipe with them and it is still one of the finest popular cuisines in Britain.
Most of the British chef calls the chicken tikka masala dish as a British national food and they cook it quite often. Chicken tikka masala is not only limited to British or Asian region but you can find this dish in the menu of any continental restaurant.