The easy apple pie filling recipe is super easy and you can make it no time it just needs your 10 minutes of time and rest of the 30minutes refrigerator does for you. You can make it using very simple ingredients.
If you have never made this before then you still not have to be worried about because if you look at the ingredient and method you would discover how simple it is and you just need to act for 10 minutes of time only.
You can choose your favorite type of apple for this easy apple pie filling recipe and it also frees you to use any herbs or spices that you like to add for extra flavor. Often like to do experiment with this tasty yet jaw widening recipe.
I suggest you
Easy apple pie filling
- Course Dessert
- Cuisine American
- Keyword Easy apple pie filling
For no reasons you should go buy apple pie filling from a store near you instead I suggest you to make easy apple pie filling recipe in your own kitchen. The easy apple pie filling recipe is easy to make and super delicious when to taste.
- 4 cups of apples
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 1/3 cups of granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Take the apples and peeled, cored and diced them then shift this to a bowl and set it aside.
Add the lemon juice to the apple bowl and toss the apple pieces so it gently mixed well with each apple pieces.
Take a medium saucepan and add cornstarch, cinnamon, and a pinch of kosher salt, a pinch of nutmeg, sugar, and water. Heat the saucepan on medium flame and stir the mixture until everything combines well.
When the mixture comes to boil apple let it boil cook for next 2 minutes then turn the flame to low.
Now, add the apple pieces to the saucepan and cover with the lid. Simmer it for the next 6 to 8 minutes. Stirring often until you see the apple to turn soften.
Take a washed moisture free jar and add everything to the saucepan and cool it until it comes to normal room temperature. Now tighten with the lid and shift the jar to a refrigerator. The mixture will thicken well in the refrigerator.
- I prefer to use sliced apples in chunk sizes because if you ever use a store bought apple pie filling then you might have noticed that the size of the apples or quite large in size. You can chop them too but I prefer to make it chunk size pieces so it gives comfort to eat.
- What I like most about the homemade apple pie filling at home is that we are free to use and adjust spices and herbs as per our taste. This way you do a lot of variations and have a different taste every time.
- Apple plays a major role while making the pie filling recipe. You can either use multiple apple types for the same pie filling or try out one that fits for the pie filling. For me, I like to use Granny Smith or sometimes Fuji.
- There are lots of people that don’t use cornstarch while making the apple pie filling but always go with that is easy for you to cook and gives a good taste for pie filling.
- It is very necessary to transfer the jar filled with apple pie mixture into a refrigerator after it comes to room temperature so it let the mixture thicken properly. This enhances a great flavor to the dish.